Feed the Dinosaur: An Activity Targeting all Plosives!
Feed the Dinosaur is an interactive activity that will leave your kiddos hungry for more speech practice! This material includes dinosaur eggs targeting all plosive sounds. Assist your client or child in “feeding” them to your dinosaur after practicing their best speech.
- Instruction sheet and model dinosaur
- Dinosaur template
- 15 examples (i.e., ‘eggs’) of plosive sounds P, B, T, D, K, and G across initial, medial, final, and mixed positions
How to Prepare and Use?
- Follow the included instructions to affix your dinosaur to an empty oatmeal container.
- Print and cut out the dinosaur eggs with your desired phoneme targets.
- Explain to your client that you have a very hungry dinosaur who is hungry for good speech!
- Model picking up a dinosaur egg, saying the word, and feeding the dinosaur. Encourage your client to do the same!