Feed the Dinosaur: An Activity Targeting all Plosives!
“Feed the Dinosaur” is a fun activity that will leave your kiddos hungry for more fun at speech!
- Instruction sheet and model dinosaur
- Dinosaur template
- 15 examples (i.e., ‘eggs’) of plosive sounds /p/, /b/, /t/, /d/, /k/, and /g/ across initial, medial, final, and mixed positions
How to Prepare?
- Tape or glue construction paper to an empty oatmeal container. Leave the lid off.
- Cut a strip of green construction paper and use scissors to fray the edges. This will help the paper resemble grass.
- Tape or glue the green construction paper to the bottom of the oatmeal container.
- Cut and laminate (optional) the dinosaur picture. Cut out the dinosaur’s mouth.
- Position the dinosaur on the oatmeal container so the mouth is just above where the lid would be. This will allow your clients to be able to “feed” the dinosaur and have the dinosaur eggs fall to the bottom of the container.
- Tape or glue the dinosaur down. Cut out and laminate (optional) the dinosaur eggs you would like to use during your session.
How to Use?
- Explain to your client that you have a very hungry dinosaur who is hungry for good speech!
- Model picking up a dinosaur egg, saying the word, and feeding the dinosaur. Encourage your client to do the same!