Chalk by Bill Thomson (Book Companion)
Welcome to Therapy Materials Vault’s Book Companion for Chalk.
This packet includes 30 pages of 5 fun and interactive activities for SLPs targeting receptive language skills and expressive language skills using the children’s book Chalk, written by Bill Thomson.
This package includes materials that can be used if you are targeting:
- Regular and Irregular Past Tense Verbs: This activity targets the use of regular and irregular past tense verbs.
- Emotions: This activity targets identifying expressions of emotions including surprised, excited, happy, silly, scared, and tired. Prompt your student to identify or label each emotion and have them practice each face themself. Further opportunities for practice include discussing what made them feel each way.
- Pronouns (3rd person possessive, subjective, and objective): This activity targets the use of 3rd person subjective, objective, and possessive pronouns through identifying and describing.
- Sequencing (4-step and 7-step): This activity targets sequencing events from a story. There are two options provided: 4-step sequencing and 7-step sequencing to use for varying skill levels.
- Spatial Concepts: This activity targets spatial concepts through manipulating a scene with opportunities to practice and demonstrate a variety of concepts including: in, on, under, next to, behind, in front of, between. Other opportunities for practice include following single and multi-step directions.