Foundations of Handwriting
Foundations of Handwriting is a guided program created by experienced Occupational Therapists that includes an VAST amount of activities to help kiddos become skillful hand-writers! This program can be used in various settings such as preschools, therapeutic schools, kindergarten handwriting lessons, and homeschooling, and can be utilized by teachers who have preschool students struggling with pre-writing skills, and by therapists who are treating children with developmental delays. Additionally, it can be used as a guide for families at home of typically developing children to facilitate foundational skills that will set them up for future academic success.
- The program book includes an in-depth informational section that explains the concepts and foundations that are utilized throughout. In addition, this section features tips, helpful skills, and concerns that therapists, teachers, and parents may be interested in learning more about. The topics include:
- Program Levels
- Developmental Grasp Patterns
- Fine and Visual Motor Developmental Milestones
- Development of Shape and Letter Recognition/Formation
- Defining Foundational Handwriting Skills
- Quick Tips and Tricks
- Common Handwriting Concerns and FAQs
- Regulation Strategies
- Accompanying the program book is a VAST collection of recommended activities that target fine motor, gross motor, and visual perceptual skills, purposefully chosen to develop handwriting skills. This collection includes 6 different levels of printable activities that are measured based on skill!
- Level A is suggested for 1-2 year olds (includes 230 pages of activities)
- Level B is suggested for 3 year olds (includes 369 pages of activities)
- Level C is suggested for 4 year olds (includes 552 pages of activities)
- Level D is suggested for 5 year olds (includes 402 pages of activities)
- Level E is suggested for 6 year olds (includes over 216 pages of activities)
- Level F is suggested for 7+ year olds (includes over 83 pages of activities)
- BONUS is suggested for all age kiddos (includes over 120 pages of activities)
How to use Foundations of Handwriting:
- Download the program book to your computer
- Open the Level that is appropriate for your kiddos
- Begin the guided program and practice the different activities to help your kiddos succeed!