Go Fish: Target S Across All Word Positions
This activity highlights everyone’s favorite Go Fish game featuring uniquely designed playing cards. This material specifically targets S across all word positions. Cards may be organized to target initial, medial, final, or mixed position of words.
- 26 examples of S words across initial, medial, and final positions. (78 cards total!)
- 12 blank cards that may be used for clients or clinicians to write their own words
How to Prepare and Use?
- Follow included printing instructions for creating your Go Fish cards. For long-term use, use heavy card stock or laminate.
- Deal cards to players. (For two players, each individual should receive seven cards. For three players or more, each individual should receive five.)
- Place remaining cards face down in the middle of the playing area.
- Encourage clients to use their best speech as they ask, “Do you have _____?” If the corresponding player has that card, that player must give the card to the individual who asked. If the corresponding player does not have that card, they are encouraged to say, “Go fish!” That player then picks up a card from the remaining deck.
- Continue to play until one player runs out of cards or the remaining deck runs out. Whoever has the most pairs wins!