Have your kiddo play hair stylist with this fun and interactive material! Target fine motor and sorting skills by giving these characters a silly hair-do. This resource is a great base to be used with many materials.
How to Prepare and Use:
- Free Play: Use pasta, Play-Doh, pattern blocks, chipper chats, dot markers, pipe cleaners, or other material of your choice to create silly hair-dos.
- Guided Hairstyles: Give your child or client instructions to create hairstyles to practice following instructions. Some examples include:
- Giving a number of items to make a hair style out of – ex. 6 pieces of pasta, 4 dots with the dot marker, 2 pipe cleaners, etc.
- Hair styles based on shapes/colors – ex. Make a blue hairstyle with play-doh/chipper chats, make a hair style out of circles, use only triangle blocks to make a hair style.
- Making a specific hairstyle – ex. Using play-doh to make a ponytail, using pattern blocks to make a mohawk, drawing pigtails, etc.