Hungry Hungry Pronoun Practice: Target “He” and “She”
This is a great activity for keeping little hands busy while increasing understanding of pronouns!
- Instruction sheet
- 4 characters
- 16 food icons
- 27 prompt cards for pronoun practice!
- Print all PDF sheets and cut along dotted lines of prompt cards, icons, and characters. Fold the bottom portion under the characters so they are able to “stand up.” A slit may be cut on the white dotted line of each character’s mouth to “feed” them.
- Place all “He/She wants…,” “Who wants the…,” and food icons in three separate Ziploc baggies.
How to Use (Option 1)
- Divvy up the food icons so each boy and girl has a food item they “ate”
- Pull an icon from the “Who ate the….” bag and ask the child to identify who (i.e., he or she) ate the selected food item.
How to Use (Option 2)
- Have the child select an icon from the “He/She/I want” Ziploc bag and feed the boy or girl the food item on the icon.
- If the child selects the “I want….” icon, have them select a food to put on their board.
They are allowed to steal from the boy/girl character if they have the food they’re hungry for!