Jack-O-Lantern Face Activity
Share this Post
Occupational Therapy, Activities, Fine Motor
Seasonal Activities, Fall
Holiday Activities, Halloween
One of the most fun traditions of Halloween is carving silly faces onto pumpkins, so why not bring it into the classroom? This Jack-O-Lantern Face Activity offers a variety of different activities you can play with your kiddos, and is a great way to get creative and practice emotions and following instructions!
- 2 Blank Jack-O-Lantern Face Templates (Full Color)
- 2 Blank Jack-O-Lantern Face Templates (Black and White)
- 4 Pages of Facial Features
- Dice Key (Cut-outs)
- Dice Key (Drawing)
How to Use:
- Build a Face: Print Blank Jack-O-Lantern Face Templates and facial feature pages. Cut out facial features and laminate if preferred for long-term use. Instruct your client or child to construct different emotions with facial features.
- Dice Game (Cut-outs): Print Blank Jack-O-Lantern Face Templates, facial feature pages, and the dice key (cut-outs). Cut out facial features and laminate if preferred for long-term use. Have child or client roll dice, and place the corresponding facial features onto the Jack-O-Lantern template to create a silly face. To lengthen the game, cover different rows during each roll to focus on one facial feature at a time.
- Dice Game (Drawing): Print Blank Jack-O-Lantern Face Templates and the dice key (cut-outs). Have child or client roll dice, and draw the corresponding feature onto the Jack-O-Lantern template to create a silly face.
I am a K-2 Self Contained special education teaching and am constantly working on addressing emotions. My students absolutely LOVE doing this activity. I have not seen any other emotion activities work as well with them as this one has. They will even choose this as a free play activity!