Scissor Skills Volume 1: Snipping and Early Cutting Skills
This seasonal collection of activities can be used to improve your child’s scissor skills! TMV’s Snipping and Early Cutting Skills Packet covers scissor progression for children up to 3.5 years, from snipping to cutting across a page.
All activities are seasonally themed and can be used at any point throughout the year!
- A helpful OT Tips and Tricks handout to assist in building foundational and progressive scissor skills
- 28 unique snipping, cutting, and pasting activities
How to Prepare and Use?
- Print out all pages single sided.
- Seat the child at a table in a chair with their feet flat on the ground and their back supported. Be sure to position yourself on the child’s dominant side to assist with learning.
- Follow the dotted lines to practice snipping for each activity. If the activity calls for gluing, follow the directions to paste the cut-out item onto the subsequent picture scene.
- Upgrade and downgrade activities based on your client’s skill level. All the activities can be modified to fit your needs.
- Have fun!