Social Story: I Can Brush My Hair!
Due to the stay-at-home orders in response to COVID-19, our office is currently closed. Orders will be shipped from our office in Chicago, IL as soon as normal operations resume. We know you’re eager to receive your apparel, and we're grateful for your patience during this time.
Use this social story to help your client or child learn to brush their own hair. This sensory experience can often feel confusing and upsetting. With explanations and descriptive images of what to expect and how they might feel, this social story will help clients and family members alike to feel prepared and at ease.
Some text from the book:
- My name is______ and I am ____ years old.
- I have hair on my head! My Hair is _____ (color) and _____ (long/ short/ medium length).
- My hair gets tangled sometimes. I need to brush it to have nice hair!
- Brushing my hair helps me stay clean and healthy.
- Brushing my hair makes me feel… (excited/ scared/ calm/ nervous/ confused/ sad)
You may also like…