Social Story: I Can Enjoy the Weather!
Due to the stay-at-home orders in response to COVID-19, our office is currently closed. Orders will be shipped from our office in Chicago, IL as soon as normal operations resume. We know you’re eager to receive your apparel, and we're grateful for your patience during this time.
This social story is intended for kiddos who have difficulty experiencing changes in the weather, as well as who have a fear of storms. It provides strategies to feel comfortable in different weather, and affirmation that their feelings are normal. This social story includes illustrations of 4 different ethnicities for each girl and boy versions.
Some parts of the story:
- My name is ____ and I am __ years old.
- I love to play outside! Some things that I like to do outside are… (draw with chalk, play catch, go to the playground, ride my bike)
- I love to play outside when it is sunny. However, there are a lot of days when it is not sunny!
- Sometimes, the weather is… (rainy, stormy, snowy, cold, hot, cloudy, windy)
- When the weather is _____, I feel… (scared, angry, confused, excited, normal, sad)
- Some things I can do to feel comfortable are… (wear a raincoat, wear a hat/mittens, bring an umbrella, wear snow or rain boots).