Social Story: I Can Get a Covid-19 Test!
Due to the stay-at-home orders in response to COVID-19, our office is currently closed. Orders will be shipped from our office in Chicago, IL as soon as normal operations resume. We know you’re eager to receive your apparel, and we're grateful for your patience during this time.
Use this social story to help your client or child prepare to receive a COVID-19 test, and to understand why it’s important to get one sometimes. Start a conversation with your client or child about what happens when you get tested for COVID-19. This social story includes 6 different illustrations to show 3 different ethnicities, and a girl and boy version for each ethnicity.
How to Prepare:
- For NO PRINT, use on a tablet device.
- For LOW PREP, print pages single sided. Use heavy cardstock or laminate for long-term use (optional).
- Cut each page in half along the dotted line and bind into a booklet (optional).
Some context from the text:
- My family and I will go to a testing center to get a COVID-19 test.
- There, my parents will enter my information and I will wait till it’s my turn.
- Then, when it is my turn, I will sit in a chair.
- Then, a nurse will come up to me and give me a testing kit.