Social Story: I Can Take a Bath!
Use this social story to help your client or child understand their bath routine! Bath time can be a source of stress, but this material will prepare your child for each step and for the sensory stimuli they will experience.
How to Prepare?
- Print on heavy cardstock or laminate for durability.
- Following the line in the middle of the page, cut each page in half.
- Bind the pages into a booklet or use a hole punch and binder rings.
- Cut out choice icons on page 14 into individual squares, and attach Velcro adhesive to the back.
- Attach Velcro to blank squares on page 10.
- Work with child to select sensory regulation choice options that work best for him/her! Attach these to blank squares on page 10.
- Store other choice icons in resealable baggie, or on Velcro strip attached to back of book.
How to Use?
First, create the social story with your client or child by filling in the blanks and adding pictures. Then, read the story with your client or child before it is time to take a bath. Reading the story after the desired behavior occurs helps reinforce positive social engagements.