Social Story Journal: I Can Explore New Foods!
Use the following social story to help your client or child with aversion to certain foods understand how they can explore new foods! This material is great for therapists, parents, and caretakers alike.
How to Prepare:
- Refer to the dotted line located in the middle of each page. Cut across the line to create a story that is designed in 1/2 pages.
- Add a photo of your client or child on the first page of the story.
- Go through each page of the social story journal together to fill in the blanks with answers.
- For use for multiple clients or during multiple sessions, laminate and use with a dry erase marker.
- For single use, print on normal paper and write in your answers with a writing utensil.
How to Use:
After creating the social story journal with your client or child by filling in the blanks and adding pictures, read through the social story together and practice the strategies that you decide on together. Continue to read the story whenever your client or child has questions about eating. Parents or family members may choose a special time of day (e.g., before dinnertime) to read the story together. This social story can be customized to fit the needs of each client or child. Certain pages may be included or excluded, depending on the needs and age of the client or child.