Emotion Scenes and Flashcards: Featuring 14 Emotions
TMV’s Emotion Scenes and Flashcards are an effective way to introduce and practice a variety of emotions with your clients.
- Individual Emotion Scenes: A set of individual emotion scenes are included within that prompt children to identify how one child is feeling based on their environment and facial expression. Use the fill-in-the-blank sentence included at the top to prompt your client to identify how each child is feeling.
- Emotion Flashcards: A set of emotion flashcards are also included using visuals from the scenes above. Clients may be prompted with a picture of each child and asked to identify how he or she is feeling based off of their facial expression. These flashcards provide an easy way for additional practice and reinforcement.
- Group Emotion Scenes: The final set of emotion scenes is similar
to the one featured above but includes more than one child in each scene. This allows clinicians to have a conversation about what is happening in each picture scene and identify how one child may be feeling in comparison to another.
How to Prepare?
1. Print individual and group emotion scenes for practice. Both scenes may also be downloaded to an i-pad or preferred device.
2. Print flashcards double-sided and laminate for long-term use. Adjust your print settings
to flip on the short or long edge depending on your device to ensure flashcards align properly.
What Emotions Are Targeted?