This handout includes general information on what interoception is, therapist resources on interoception, parent handouts, and interoception activities that can be used in therapy sessions.
- What is interoception
- General information on the topic of interoception; can be used by therapists to educate themselves on the topic.
- How to incorporate interoception into your sessions
- How therapists can incorporate interoception into their own sessions with their clients; includes some ideas of activities that can help facilitate and teach interoception. This section is for therapists.
- Parent handout on interoception awareness
- Resources on interoception for parents. Explains the topic of interoception and offers activities and helpful language that can help encourage interoception at home for their child.
- Additional resources for parents and therapists
- This section includes videos and books for either parents, therapists, or kids.
- Additional resources/handouts
- Additional resources that therapists can use for a variety of interoception activities. Includes a couple of worksheets that can be printed out and used to work on interoception during sessions.
- Encourage introception at home! handout
- A simple handout for parents to print out and keep somewhere at home to reference to help encourage children to listen to their interoceptive cues.